Health & Safety
Updated March 21, 2022
The CBA is working with the Marriott Downtown at CF Toronto Eaton Centre to implement policies and procedures to ensure the health and safety of conference attendees. Our health and safety guidelines are based on Orders of the Ontario Provincial Health Officer. We will continue to follow Orders of the Ontario Provincial Health Officer and will update this webpage accordingly. Please check back regularly.
Proof of Vaccination
- Vaccine verification no longer required
- Full vaccination is mandatory for all Marriott Canada employees
- Guests are no longer required to wear masks in the hotel
- Masks will still be mandatory for hotel staff (until further notice).
- Masks are still required in some public settings (i.e. public transportation, hospitals, congregate care settings, jails & long term care)
Additional Safety Measures
The Marriott Downtown at CF Toronto Eaton Centre is following the advice of their Marriott Cleanliness Council’s Commitment to Clean. These safety measures include:
- Hand sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the conference and within easy reach of all food and drink stations;
- Signs reminding attendees to wash or sanitize hands before touching self-serve food, drink or other items will be posted at the self-serve station;
- High touch surfaces at the station, and utensils that are used for self-serve, will be frequently cleaned and sanitized;
- Personal hand sanitation will be made readily available to all attendees at conference registration;
- Seating will be available for each conference attendee, and attendees will be reminded to stay in the first seat they chose, and not to move from seat to seat;
- A continual cleaning and disinfecting routine will be enforced throughout the Marriott Downtown at CF Toronto Eaton Centre during conference hours and overnight, especially in high-touch areas; and
- Regular and thorough disinfection of the restrooms during conference hours.